I can’t believe 2020 has passed and 2021 is here. For some the past year may have been long and never-ending and for some the year may have gone by in a flash.
We were all desperately waiting for 2020 to be over, for 2021 to bring a fresh and better start.
I ask you to take a moment to pause and reflect and be proud of yourself for surviving 2020 and not giving up hope that things will get better. Think back to all the challenges you overcame; not going out and meeting people, staying home for months on end, working from home.
Yes, 2020 may have been a not so good year. But let’s not forget to appreciate the good that happened this year, just to name a few:
1. Spent more time with our families and loved ones, and built stronger bonds and connections
2. Learnt new skills during quarantine
3. We learnt to appreciate the selfless dedication of healthcare and essential service workers
4. We grew and changed as individuals
5. People came together to protect and help each other
6. Everyone returned to their love for baking
Having said that, we’re not out of the woods yet, there is still a long way to go. Even though we are in the new year, we still have to be safe and protect ourselves and others. So, don’t forget to wear a mask, wash your hands and maintain social distance!
It’s a new year, filled with hope, opportunities and new beginnings. I hope this year you achieve everything you set your mind to!